Established in 1985
Bringing folk and music
223 Roberttown Lane
From 8:30pm Friday nights
The CROPPERS is essentially a performers
club, (singers, musicians, poets, story tellers
etc) with 1 or 2 guest nights during the year,
the main one to celebrate the club's birthday
**The club will be closed for the
CLECKHEATON FOLK FESTIVAL on the first
Friday of JULY**
Otherwise we are open all year round unless
Christmas and New Year fall on or near a
PLEASE CHECK WITH THE WEBSITE AND
OR FACEBOOK (CroppersFolk) FOR THE
Updated 14th Aug 2016
If you can't bring some
just bring yourself!
Whether you come to perform or
just to listen, you'll find a Friday
night visit to The Croppers is a
great way to start your weekend.
Apart from an entertaining and
varied mix of both folk and
popular music styles - plus
some humorous poetry - you'll
meet some of the friendliest
people this side of the Pennines,
who'll make you feel welcome
the minute you walk through
All we ask of those attending the Croppers is that they follow our simple house rules which are, to
the vast majority of people, common sense:
1. If possible please do not enter or leave the room whilst someone is performing. Not always possible we know.
2. Mobile phones should be switched off or put on ‘silent’ whilst in the room. If you do need to use the phone, please
leave the room before doing so.
3. No photography and especially sound recording without the permission of those being photographed or recorded.
4. Please respect the fact that performing in public does not come easy to most people and it is even harder if they
are being distracted by chattering.
5. Only join in playing or singing if requested because we all don’t sing or play using the same tune or words that you
6. As we have to pay to use the upstairs room in the Star, and we do not charge for entry, all we ask is that you
please buy a couple of raffle tickets (for a bottle of wine and box of chocolates) in the interval. In doing so you will help to
keep the club running. Buying a drink or two will also keep Ian & John, our excellent hosts, happy.